Google just recently moved Google Posts to Google My Business, so from now on, all verified businesses will have an opportunity to publish events, products, and services directly to Google Search and Maps. Create posts and increase the engagement with your customers when they find your business listing on Google! Be more visible on Google search and maps results for free!
Google says this new feature will allow your business to:
- Share daily specials or current promotions that encourage new and existing customers to take advantage of your offers.
- Promote events and tell customers about upcoming happenings at your location.
- Showcase your top products and highlight new arrivals.
- Choose one of the available options to connect with your customers directly from your Google listing: give them a one-click path to make a reservation, sign up for a newsletter, learn more about latest offers, or even buy a specific product from your website.
Here’s the instruction how to get started:
#1 Sign in
Sign in to your Google My Business account. Here is the link.
#2 Create Post
Then, think of the best way how you could promote your Products or Services. Maybe you have coupons for free drinks in your hotel bar, special discounts or loyalty program you want to promote. Also you can create posts for events with start and end dates and times. Talk about special thinWhen writing a post, always upload an image, write text (up to 300
When writing a post, always upload an image, write text (up to 300 words) and USE BUTTONS! It is a must. You have to have call to action button if you want your customers to do something, make a reservation, learn more about discounts, sign up for newsletter etc. Don’t forget to add a website link to the button. You can choose these buttons: “Learn more,” “Reserve,” “Sign up,” “Buy” or “Get offer.” Here is a screen shot how it looks in the making:
#3 Enjoy the benefits
Google Posts will appear on the business card on Google Search and Maps results page. It is the perfect place to expose your business identity and increase visibility. Even when customers know exactly what they’re looking for, they tend to search for more information about the business before they make buying decisions. Rosa Wu, the Product Manager of Google My Business says:
Google My Business is bringing Posts to local businesses — an easy way to help attract new customers and build relationships with the customers you already have.
That’s the example how Google Posts appear:
Or check out Christiania Bryghus which are a heavy user at their “The Lab” location.
If you’re a Google My Business user. Start using Google Posts right now. Posts can be created on-the-go using the Google My Business Android and iOS apps or website.
If you’re not yet using Google My Business – sign up and get started today. Get verified and you’ll be ready to start posting.
Here is more information on Google My Business:
- Not sure what Google My Business is? Learn more and enjoy the benefits of it!
- How to optimize your Google My Business listing
- How to verify Google My Business